Work For Federated Media - Fort Wayne
Mission Statement: To discover and satisfy the needs of our three primary customer groups: OUR LISTENERS, OUR ADVERTISERS & OUR EMPLOYEES in a way that is profitable for all.
Position: Account Manager
Job Summary: To assess clients’ marketing challenges and solve those needs by developing customer-focused campaigns using our integrated assets. You will present advertising and marketing proposals and provide on-going service to clients. Most importantly, the Account Manager meets or exceeds all revenue budgets.
To Ensure Success, Our Top Performing Account Managers:
- Hit their goal every month
- Manage their time effectively
- Have a detailed plan every day
- Engage in 10 sales appointments per week
- Identify quality sales prospects
- Conduct a Customer Needs Analysis (C.N.A.)
- Develop unique “WOW!” ideas
- Prepare and present customer-focused proposals
- Are comfortable asking for the order $$$
- Evaluate return-on-investment for clients
- Maintain a high level of accountability and credibility
- Always do what they say they will do
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. A valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and dependable transportation. Applicants will have previous sales, advertising and/or marketing experience. Other skills include the ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form. Proficiency in computer software.
Varies depending on position, talent and experience.
Entry level salary $25,000 – $35,000 plus bonus and opportunity for commission.
How To Apply:
Send resume directly to Ben Saurer, GSM, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2915 Maples Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46816.
You will also need to complete an online assessment.
The questionnaire should take about 35 minutes and you can stop, save and return to it at your convenience.
Once we receive the results, we will contact you within 7 days if we decide to move forward to an interview.
Position: General Sales Manager
Are you driven to be the very best?
Are you a passionate natural born leader?
Do you enjoy coaching sales people to be successful?
If you answered yes to those three questions, you could be our next General Sales Manager, and you need to contact us NOW!
Federated Media is a true media company comprised of Radio, Events and Digital Solutions in Northern Indiana. Federated Media Fort Wayne is now welcoming applications for a GSM opening in their six-station cluster.
Federated Media Fort Wayne provides a unique growth-oriented environment focused on providing solutions for our clients, backing our sales teams with comprehensive resources and capabilities including the Center for Sales Strategy (CSS) Customer Focused Selling and Talent Focused Management.
Other advantages include:
- Our company culture empowers people.
- We are a medium market group with large market resources.
- Our Fort Wayne cluster includes Six Radio stations and the market’s best radio brands!
- Radio stations also offer services through Federated Digital Solutions and our marketing, event and promotions department.
Send resume to Jim Allgeier at email@example.com. Confidentiality assured.
Federated Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION: Sales Intern
Job Summary: This paid internship is a training ground for candidates interested in a sales career with Federated Media Fort Wayne. Individuals who successfully complete this program will be on the fast-track to obtaining a full-time Account Manager position with Federated Media!
This Internship Might Be Right For You If You…
- Are interested in a sales career at Federated Media
- Want to be part of a winning team
- Set ambitious standards for yourself and others
- Regularly go the extra mile to do the right job
- Seek a long-term career opportunity
- Complete work accurately and on time
- Possess a “never-give-up” spirit
- Have contagious energy
- Love getting to know new people
- Enjoy problem-solving
- Always do what you say you will do
- Are energized by challenging Work
What You Can Expect From the Sales Internship Experience:
- Training through our sales consultant, The Center for Sales Strategy
- Education on how to select ideal advertising prospects for Federated Media Fort Wayne radio stations
- Hands-on experience with creating and implementing plans to approach those prospects in order to secure needs analysis meetings for Account Managers
- Weekly one-on-one meetings with your supervisor for feedback and coaching
- A behind-the-scenes look at the day-to-day operations of Fort Wayne’s premiere radio stations
- Job shadowing with experienced Account Managers
- An introduction to what could turn into a long-term sales career with Federated Media!
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
Applicants must be currently enrolled at a college or university, preferably working toward a degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations or related field. A valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and dependable transportation required. Other skills include the ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form. Proficiency in computer software.
How To Apply:
E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, by direct mail (2915 Maples Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46816) or in person.
POSITION: Remote Tech
Job Summary: Are you interested in broadcast media? Are you good with electronics? Do you enjoy a fun work environment? Then Federated Media has a part-time position that is perfect for you! We are looking for a remote technician to go out and prepare our live broadcasts ahead of live events! The hours vary and include days, nights and weekends.
How to Apply:
Email Clare at email@example.com to set up your interview.